Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hawaii


Aloha everybody!
Sorry, teacher, I broke the rule: "24/7 english", but I am going to tell you about my trip to Hawaii so I wanted to create the right atmosphere...
I went there two weeks ago and I spent there one week traveling around the island of Oahu and laying in the sun in the desperate attent to get tan.
The island is beautiful, the vegetation is gorgeous and the sea is a splash of tourquoise tempera. The hills look like they have just come out from the center of the Earth, sharp and with black rocks of solid lava. They are completely coverd by a blanket of amazing trees, with vines and red spots of tropical flowers. It's simply an earthly Paradise!
Unfortunately in the southern isand this wild landscape is ruined by the big buildings of Honolulu and Waikiki and by a huge mass of tourists.
I think tourists are one of the weirest kind of creatures in the World. They crowd together in the same places, doing the same things, taking the same pictures, buying everything they find on their way that they think it's really original and typical of the place. You can see people wearing all kind of different flower patterns, put all together in a confusing and eyesore tropical mix-up.
A part from that, I really enjoyed my time in Hawaii doing a lot of activities such surfing, kayaking and boogie boarding. I like to live in the nature, to walk in the forrest's shadow, to feel the warmth of the sand and the sun or to enjoy the color of the sea. It just fills me of happiness!
Obviously, during my trip I kept on my research on "Pubblic restroom's keys in the US"...Take a look at what I found at the Kayak shop! I have to conclude that every place in the US has its most fitting restroom key (that's why in the library they have a torture instrument...) !

No comments: