Friday, June 01, 2007

My first day at Oakland Adult School

Hello classmates,

I’m Cecilia and I grew up in Peru. I came to US three weeks ago. I came because I want to know how is life here and for many other reasons. So, I decided to study English because this is important for all the things that I want to do here.

Therefore, I started looking for classes where I could study English. I asked my family and some friends what was the best place to study English. They all said Oakland Adult School.

On May 21st I took the placement exam and I was pleased because I did well even though I studied English so many years ago in my country.

I went to my first day of classes and I thought everyone spoke Spanish like me. However I was very surprised because I found out that many students came from other countries. And that made me realize that we all had to learn English if we wanted to communicate each other.

No comments: