Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Happy Day

My Happy Day

by Dao Juan

My happy day was in May last year. One day, I received an advertisement book from Macy’s and I put it on the table. That day, I was sitting and watching TV with my husband on the sofa. My son was playing in front of us. While I was enjoying the TV, my son brought the advertisement Macy’s book and pointed to a necklace.

He looked at me and said carefully, “Mom, it’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

I was curious and answered him, “Yes, it is. Would you like one?”

“No, I don’t want it. I want to buy one for you for a Mother’s Day gift.”

I was very surprised that he thought it that way. I answered him, “Thank you, but it is very expensive, and how could you buy it?”

He said that he had red envelopes and he would ask his father for help. I saw his earnest face and almost laughed, but I didn’t want to break his dream. I thanked him and told him that he could give me this gift when he could buy it by himself. He thought a little bit and promised me he would buy it when he got his first job. When I heard that I felt very happy. I felt very happy because I had a filial son.

No comments: