Friday, June 22, 2007

A story

This is an allegory.


A long time ago, an old man lived in a small house. There was a big mountain in front of the door of his house. If he wanted to go anywhere, he had to go around the mountain so he decided to remove the mountain. Every day he dug the mountain.


One day, a person was passing by and he saw the old man digging the mountain.

He asked the old man, "What are you doing ?"

The old man answered, "I am removing the mountain because it is blocking my way."

That person said, "That is impossible! When will you ever finish?"

The old man said proudly, "It will be done. I will work without stopping. If I can't finish it in my lifetime, my son will continue. It will be finished!"


Some may think this old man is stupid, but others will think that this is a good allegory. It tells us –“You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try. You’ll succeed at last!

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

This is allegory
Hearsay long time ago,A old man live in a samll house, There is a big mountain in front of the door of his house.If he want to go where,he have to go around the mountain.He decide to remove the mountain.Since that,Every day he dug the mountain.
One day.a person pass by there.he saw the old man was digging the mountain.then he asked the old man:"what are you doing ?"the old man said:"I am removing the mountain because it block my way." That person said:"That is impossible!When you can finish it?"The old man said pridefully:"I can finish it as long as I uninterrupted big it.If I can't finish it in my live,my son would continue it,It will be finish!"
Someone think this old man is a stupid.
But someone think this is a good allegory.It told us---You can get it if you realy want.