Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My favorite Meal (Omelet)

My Favorite Meal (Omelet)
Alberto Ortega Servin




Alberto’s Omelet

2 eggs (maybe 3)
½ small onion
1 ½ ounces dry cheese (grated)
1 green Serrano chile (chopped finely)
9 or more tortillas
Refried beans
Salt (to taste)

Corn Oil(one teaspoon)



Crack the two or three eggs into a bowl.

Chop the onions and the green Serrano chile into smaller pieces.

Grate the cheese.

Mix these ingredients in a bowl.

Add salt to taste.

Heat a frying on the burner.

Pour the oil into the pan.

When oil is hot add the egg mixture and cook slowly for about 2 minutes. Flip over. The eggs should brown slightly.

When the omelet is done, serve it on a plate. You should eat it with hot tortillas and refried beans.


This is my favorite meal because when I was a child my family was very poor. For us, an omelet was a delicious treat.

My father and mother sowed wheat, corn, beans, and sorghum. They had a cow, a bull and some hens. The hens laid many eggs.

We didn’t have a lot of money but we could make delicious omelets. Maybe that is why omelets are my favorite meal.

Also my family and I ate beans cooked in many different ways. The cost of living in Mexico is cheaper than in the United States, but there aren’t enough jobs for Mexican farmers.

Now the situation is different because Mexican President Felipe Calderon pegged the price of different products like wheat, corn, beans, and sorghum to the with the price international market.

Now farmers have more money. Now I think so that many people in Mexico are looking for job. Also there are new opportunities for Mexican people.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

My favorite Meal (Omelet)
Alberto Ortega Servin



Omelet of the Eggs


2 egg (maybe 3)
½ small onions
50 grams cheese
1 green chile
9 or more tortillas
Refried beans


Crack the two or three eggs into bowl. They are depending on the size. Chop onions and green chile in smaller pieces and cheese grate. Theses ingredient mix in the bowl, then salt put in the in the other ingredient by taste. Pan put on the burner, but oil pour in the pan. When oil is hot and it cooks slowly until eggs take brown color, when it is well done serve it on the plate and you eat it with tortillas and refried beans.
This favorite meal because when I was childhood my family too poor, also father and mother sowed wheat, corn, beans, and sorghum They dedicate farming of the cow, bull and hen. The hen was putting the eggs. These thighs do not enough money but it was not buying of other meals. Maybe this situation it is that my favorite meal. Also my family and me eat beans cook of different form and Mexico of life is cheaper but there aren’t enough jobs for the farmer. Now situation is different because Mexican President Felipe Calderon “said” price of different products how wheat, corn, beans, and sorghum are with the price internationals of this products. Then farmers have more money but they have bought different products how meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables and fruit. Now I think so that many people in Mexico are looking for job. Also there are new opportunities Mexican people.