Saturday, October 27, 2007

First TV in my small Town

First TV in My Small Town
by
Alberto Ortega Servin


Otilia’s mother told me about the first TV in our small town. She said that Rafael Garcia brought the first TV from Guadalajara. It was a black and white TV. In a short time he became the most popular man in my small town because many people heard about his television.


People were very interested in watching TV because they had never watched TV before. Only people who had been to the United States had seen one.

The most important thing is that people in my town hadn’t watched a TV program, so, at this time, many people paid about 20 centavos to watch TV. In the house of Rafael Garcia, young and old people went to watch TV. Not all people had enough money to pay to watch TV.

I remember that my mother said that at this time the most popular programs were the movies of Pedro Infante. “Chavo del 8”, “El Chapulín Colorado” and the soap operas.


When there was a event special on television, Rafael Garcia announced it with a loudspeaker

What kind of special event you might ask? For example, boxing matches were popular event in the lives of these people as well as special events like baseball. People already listened to baseball on the radio so it was very popular.

At this time only one TV network existed in Mexico. It was called Televisa. Now there are at least two TV networks. Televisa and TV Azteca transmit programs the across Mexico and around the world.

People could only watch two stations: channel 2 and channel 5. On channel 2 they played soap operas and Mexican movies. Channel 5 played programs it bought from the TV networks in the United States of America.


My mother told me that for a long time many people didn't own TVs because the people didn’t have enough money to buy them.


Also,I remember that when I was child only four or five people owned televisions. My brother I went to watch TV at our uncle, Rafael Ortega's, house. We also watched TV at uncle Fidel Baez’s house. My father and mother always told us not to watch TV because, they said, that TV was very dangerous for our eyes. I don’t know if that was true, but I frequently watched TV in the house of my uncle, Rafael Ortega. Also my grandfather often told us not to watch TV because, he said, we should feed the cattle or do some other worthwhile activities. We needed to do homework but the TV was a distraction and sometimes we didn’t do our homework.


Now, in my small town, everyone has a TV. Times have changed and now most people have enough money to buy TVs.



1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

First TV in my small Town
By
Alberto Ortega Servin


Otilia’s mother told me about first TV in small Town. She said that Rafael Garcia, he brought first TV, the Guadalajara city, first TV is black and white, in short time he became in the most popular man in my small Town because many people listened about the television.
People was very interesting in watched TV because they never watched TV, only many people went to the Unites States America, this people went to the USA for short time, many people worked on the field the United States but only few people went it.
The most important thing is that people didn’t have TV, but in this time many people paid about ¢20.00 of Mexican Pesos for watch TV. In the house of Rafael Garcia, then young and old people went to watch TV, no all people had money for it paid to watch TV as I remember that my mother said in this time most popular programs are movies of Pedro Infante. “Chavo del 8”, “El Chapulín Colorado” and novels.
When in the television has event special in this time so Rafael Garcia announced at loudspeaker or phonograph. What you are asking which event special? For example boxing that it is more popular event in the lives theses people or well other special event it is baseball. Also people listened baseball in the radio it was more popular artifact among the people around of settlement. It was very cheap in this time.
In this time only exist one chain TV in Mexico as it has called Televisa, now exit two chains of TV first calling televisa and TV Azteca also theses companies transmit other programs the around world and mainly the United States of America. Also in this time only saw two channel so first channel is 2 and channel 5. In channel 2 saw the novels and Movies Mexican Artist and Channel 5 many program it bought at the chains of the United States America.
My mother told me, for long time many people haven’t TV because the people haven’t enough money for bought it.
Also I remember that when I was child only four and five People have to the television so I went to watch TV with my brother. In the house’s the uncle Rafael Ortega where we watched TV or sometime house’s uncle Fidel Baez, as my father and mother always told off about watching TV, because they said that TV is very danger for eyes. This affirmation I don’t know it is true but I frequently go to watch TV in the house my uncle Rafael Ortega. Also my grand father sometime told off because he said, we could fed castle or I made other activities else we made of homework then the TV was distraction for we because sometime we haven’t made homework.
Now small town all people have had TV so the people have live to different situation but now many people have had more money for buying TV.