Sunday, December 03, 2006

A TRIP IN CHINA

Several years ago, four friends and I signed up for a tour with a travel agent. It was a 3 day trip to Guangzhou, China.


On first day morning, we needed to arrive at the ferry station at 6:45 a.m. When we arrived, we saw our tour guide. He gave us the ticket and told us that the ship would sail at 7:45 a.m. He would meet to us on the ship.

At about 7:10 a.m. we hurried to eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant. We arrived at the gate to the ferry at a little after 7:30 a.m, but the gate staff would not allow us to enter. She said that we were too late and that we had needed to be there 15 minutes before sailing time. We didn't know this rule and our tour guide didn't remind us of this important item. We tried to persuade the gate staff to let us enter but without success. Then, we tried to find our tour guide but we didn't see him. I thought he was already on the ship.

At the same time, I saw a man at another gate and heard him talk with the gate staff. We knew that the man had the same problem as us. He was a tour guide with another travel agent. He had a guest who forgot to bring his I.D. card and this caused him to be late to the ship.

We talked to the man and we learned that he was going to same destination as us. So, we joined together to try to catcht up with our tour groups.

We checked the next sailing schedule, but all the tickets were sold out. We decided to take a train and then we changed to a bus to get to our destination. Finally, after we spent about a half day, we caught up to our tour group.

When we arrived at the destination, we saw our tour guide. He looked t a little surprised to see us. He didn't seem concernd that we had missed the ship.

We told him, "You have the responsibility to remind your guests about everything and to take care of your guests' safety while they are traveling." But he ignored our comments and told us " I led you here but I can not guarantee everyone can safety get back." When we heard that we were very angry.

After two days, we took care ourselves, because we distrusted our tour guide.



I felt this trip was not so good, because I missed the sailing time. I needed to pay extra money to catch up with my tour group and I tour guide was the worst one I have ever met on any of my trips.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

In several years ago, I joined in travel agent was 3 days with my friends went to China Guangzhou.

In first day morning, we needed to arrive ferry station at 6:45am. When we arrived and saw our tour guide, he gave us the ticket and told to all guests the ship would sailing at 7:45am. He would meet to us on the ship.

At that time about 7:10am. We were hurry to ate the breakfast on nearby restaurant. When we came to the gate about 7:30am, but the gate staff not allow us to entered. She says we must entered on 15 minutes before on sailing time. We didn't knew this rule and our tour guide didn't remind us this important item. We tried to persuade the gate staff gave us entered but not successes. Then, we tried to find our tour guide but didn't saw him. I thought he was already on the ship.

At the same time, I saw the man on another gate and heard he talk with the gate staff conversation. We knew the man met the same problem with us. He was tour guide of another travel agent. He had a guest forgot to bring the I.D. card to caused him couldn't keep up with the ship. We took to the man and we knew he went to same destination with us. So, we joined together to caught up our each tour group.

We checked the next sailing schedule, but all ticket was sold out. We decided to change by train and then took the bus went to our destination. Finally, we spent about half day to caught up our tour group.

When we arrived the destination and saw our tour guide. I looked him just a little surprised. He didn't concernd us why couldn't keep up with the ship and how to took the way to met their. We told to him "You have responsibility to remind your guests everything and take care your guest's safety while on the traveling." But he ignored our comments and told to us " I lead you to arrive here but I can not guarantee everyone can safety to go back." We heard that very angry.

After two days, we took care ourselves, because we distrust our tour guide.

This trip I felt not so good, because I missed the sailing time. I needed to paid extra money to caught up my tour group and I met the tour guide was worst of my all trip.