Monday, December 11, 2006

The Diary of Honest

This article was written by a high school student in China. It was got full marks on a high school exam. I want to share it to you.

One day, Honest was thrown into the sea by Intelligent. Honest went all out swimming to land. Finally, he arrived on a desolate island. Honest lay down for a rest on the beach. He hoped that a boat would rescue him.

Suddenly, Honest heard relaxing music from a distant place. He stood up immediately. Honest saw a boat sailing toward him. The boat carried a flag and it had the word “Happy” on it. It was originally a Happy Boat.

Honest yelled, “Happy! Happy! I am Honest. Can I take your boat to go back to my home?”

Happy said, “No! No! If I have an honest, I will lose happy. If you look around, you will see many people to tell the truth and this causes them to lose happy. Sorry! I can not do anything to help.”

After a while, Honest saw a Status Boat come by there. Honest yelled, “Status! I am Honest. I want to take your boat to go home, can you help me?”


Status heard that, he rowed his boat immediately and kept a suitable distance from Honest. Status turned his head to said, “Honest! You can not take my boat because it is difficult to obtain my status. If I have an honest, I would get bad luck and I would not be able to keep my status for very long.”

Honest heard that. He was very disappointed and he was filled with confusion and doubt. He continued to wait.

Then, Honest saw a Competition Boat. Honest yelled, “Competition! Can I take your boat to go ashore? Competition asked, “Who are you? If I help you, can I get many advantages?”

Honest did not want to tell him his name. He was worried that if he told him his name, Competition would not to take notice of him. But Honest was an honest man after all. So, he said, “I am an Honest!” Competition said, “You are Honest? Oh! No! I will not let you give that trouble to me. Now, competition is so intense in the social. If I have an honest, I can not to get more business by improper devices.” Competition rowed away without looking back.

Honest felt despair. Suddenly, he heard a gentle sound from the distant place. Honest saw a white haired old man in a boat. He arrived in front of Hones.

The old man said, “I am a Time Old Man. Let’s go in my boat.”

Honest asked him, “Why you want to help me?” The Time Old Man smiled and said, “Only has the time knows that the honest is most important.”

When Time Old Man and Honest return on the shore, they saw the Happy, Status, and Competition. Their boats were all turned over.

Time Old Man told to them, “Without the Honest, Happy can not be kept for a long time. Status is false and Competition fails, too.”


What do you think about honesty? Is it important to you?

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

This article wrote by a high school student in China. It was got full marks on a high school exam. I want to share it to you.

One day, Honest threw in the sea by Intelligent. Honest goes all out to swim. Finally, he arrived on the desolate island. Honest lay down for a rest on the beach. He hopes have a boat to rescue him.

Suddenly, Honest heard the relax music from the distant place. He stand up immediately, Honest saw a boat to sail to here. The boat carried the flag and it was sign “Happy” on it. It was originally a Happy Boat. Honest yelled, “Happy! Happy! I am Honest. Can I take your boat to go ashore?” Happy said, “No! No! If I have an honest, I will lose happy. If you look around, you will see many people to tell the truth and this cause them to lose happy. Sorry! I can not do anything to help.”

After a while, Honest saw a Status Boat come to here. Honest yelled, “Status! I am Honest. I want to take your boat to go ashore, can you help me?”
Status heard about that, he rowed a boat immediately and keeps the suitable distance from Honest. Status turned a head to said, “Honest! You can not to take my boat. Because it is difficult that my status is obtain. If I have an honest, I will get bad luck and I will not to keep my status for long time.”

Honest heard about that, he was very disappointed and he was filled with puzzled and doubted. He was only continued to wait.

Also, Honest saw a Competition Boat. Honest yelled, “Competition! Can I take your boat to go ashore? Competition asked, “Who are you? If I help you, I can get how many advantages? Honest does not want to say that, he was worried to tell him, Competition would not to take notice of him. But Honest is an honest man after all. So, he said, “I am an Honest!” Competition said, “You are Honest? Oh! No! You do not give the trouble to me. Now, competition is so intense in the social. If I have an honest, I can not to get more business by improper device.” Competition strides away without looking back.

Honest felt despair. Suddenly, he heard a gentle sound from the distant place. Honest saw a white hair old man to take a boat and he arrived to Honest front. The old man said, “I am a Time Old Man. Let’s go on my boat.” Honest asked him, “Why you want to help me?” The Time Old Man smiled said, “Only has the time to know that the honest is most important.”

When Time Old Man and Honest were return on the road. They were saw the Happy, Status, and Competition, their boats all turn over.

Time Old Man told to them, “Without the Honest, Happy can not to keep for a long time, Status is false and Competition is the fail too.”

How do you think an honest? Is it important to you?