Thursday, December 14, 2006

BEFORE, NOW AND FOREVER

When I studied in high school, there were 40 students in my class. We were very close. We often played together, bathed in the river, climbed on the mountain, and went under the rain and drank coffee together.

We were very united. If one student in my class was punished, all of the students would take it on the chin, too.

My class was very special because 30% of the students in my class were mountain people. They are Cham people. They have a different language, different writing and different culture. Specially, they have Champa history. It is older than Vietnamese history.

Usually, every New Year, some Cham friends often invited friends in the class to join in the Kate Holiday (a special holiday of the Cham people) and come to their house. On one day in the new year, the weather was very bad. Rained continued for many days, but my class never refused any plan. According to our plan, we grouped up 20 students and rode bicycles to the village of the Cham people.

We kept our trip a secret. We didn't ask our parents permission. We visited each house and said, "Happy New Year!" After that we ate, sang and danced together. In the afternoon we had to go back to our home. When we came to a bridge that connected two villages, the bridge was underwater because of a flood. Hand in hand, we tried to go across but we couldn't.

In front of us, some men also tried to cross over the flood. Suddenly, we heard, "Help! Help!" A man was swept by the water and disappeared completely. Everybody cried and screamed loudly.

Frightened, we returned to the village. The village didn't have electric power and telephone lines because they were destroyed by the flood. Everybody was even more frightened than before.

We thought about our family. Our parents didn't know where we were. Our parents must have been worried about us because of the bad weather. At midnight, we finally contacted our families and everybody began to calm down. We stayed at a friend’s house and slept any place we could lie down.

The next day, the principal of the local Cham people school called our principal to tell him about why my class stopped in that day.

By the afternoon, the water was slower and lower. It was only as high as my knee. We decided to go back home. We went hand in hand. We made a long line to cross the water.


Finally, we arrived back at our homes safely. This is a bad memory but full of interesting experiences.

Until now, on Teacher's Day, Christmas and New Years, my class often gets together, talking, eating ,singing and telling about the memories from high school.

Now I live in the USA and I can't get together with my family and my friends. I am really sad but I have new classes and new friends.

My new classes are special. My new friends and teachers come from many countries of the world. They have many languages and many cultures. My new classes had parties on Halloween Day, Thanksgiving and maybe we will have a party on Christmas. I really love my class. I hope that we will make more good memories together and we will remember them forever.


"MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!"

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

when I studied in high school, there were 40 students in my class. we were very closed. we often played together, bathed in the rive, climbed on the mountain, went under the rain and drank coffee. we were very united, if one student of my class was punished so on of student will take it on the chin too.

My class was very special because 30% students in my class were mountain peoples. They are Cham peoples. They have diffirent language, diffirent writing and diffirent culture. Specialy, they have Champa history. It olded than Vietname history.

Usually, every new year, some friends Cham people often invited friends in the class to inter the Kate holiday and came to their house. On one day in the new year, the weather was very bad. It rained continued on some days, but my class never refused any plan. In our plant before. we grouped up 20 student and rode bicycle throught to village's Cham people

Almost we hid and didn't ask opinion's parents. We visited each house and said, "happy new year!" After that we ate, sang and danced together. In the afternoon we had to come back our home. When we wen to a bridge connect between two villages then the bridge was had covering by flood. Hand in hand, we tried to go but we couldn't. In front of us, some men also tried to go over the flood. Sudently, we heard, "help!hepp!" A man was swept by the water and disappeared completly. Everybody cried and creamed formidable.

Frightfully, we returned the village. In the village didn't has electric power and telephone line because It was destroied by the flood. Everybody were frightener than, we thought about our family. Our parents didn't know, where were we, where did we go in the bad weather. In midnight, we could contact with our family and everybody became to comer down than. in that night, we stayed at a friend house and slept any place we could lie down.

The next day, the Principal's Cham people called to our principal to tell him about reason's my class stoped in that day. In the afternoon, the water was slower than, high by kneer. We decided to come back our home. Holded hand in hand, we got a long line to go out the water.
Finally, we came back our home safe. This is a bad memory but full interesting.

Untill now, every teacher's day, chrismas and new year, my class often come together, talking, eating ,singing and tell about the memory in high school.

Now I live in the USA and I can't come together with my family and my friends. I really sad but I have new classes and have new friends. My new classes have more special thing than because my new friends and teachers came from many countries in the word. They have many languagus and many cultures. My new classes had some parties on Holloween day, Thankgiving day and will have a party on Christmas day. I really love my class. I hope that we will have more good memory together and we will remember it forever.
"MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!"