Monday, December 11, 2006

LIFE DOES NOT COME EASY

Last week, the teacher asked me,"Do you like beef ?"

My answer was sure, "I don't like it very much!"

My classmate told me :"Don’t you know , in America, beef is wonderful and it has abundant nutrition!" I just smiled and didn't answer him.

I still remember one day in the winter in 1999. I was reading a magazine. An essay in the magazine surprised me.
The story said, " One morning , a butcher did his work as usual. Every morning he had to killed a lot of cattle because that was his job. He pulled the cattle one by one into the slaughterhouse. But the last one was not willing to go in there. He felt very angry. He kicked and hit it unceasingly. But the cattle didn't move from beginning to end. The butcher felt amazed but he had to finish his job, so he took an electric shock stick and shocked the animal. Suddenly, the cow knelt down and shed tears. The butcher was panic stricken. The shock stick dropped to the floor from his hand. He couldn’t believe his eyes. The cow’s crying sound was so sorrowful. He knew what the cow was feeling.


But one was a person, the other one was an animal. They couldn't communicate. The butcher looked into the cows eyes and the tears of both couldn't stop!

The next day , the butcher remembered the cattle's number. He look up its record. When he read the file, he was alarmed. Originally, this cow and her baby calf had lived in the wild. One day, when they were crossing the road, the calf was killed in a traffic accident. The calf’s entire body was bloody. The mother cow had licked her baby and cried.

At this moment , a journalist passing by and he took some photos and published the story in the newspaper.

Finally, the mother cow was sent to an animal care farm . That was the story 's start.


At the end, the butcher realized and became a monk. He wrote a book. The magazine story said, "People and animals have emotions.” We live in this world together. If people want to eat an animal's meat will have to kill a lot of animals.

Don’t you know, when you or an animal confront death, the feeling is very scary! Life is not come to easy by!


I hope that someone will read this story and stop eating meat. I think it could save a lot of animals’ lives.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Last week ,the teacher ask me:"Do you like beef ?" My answer was sure:"I don't like it very much!" My classmate told me :"Do you know , in America ,the beef is wonderful and it has abundant nutrition !" I just smilled ,didn't answer it.
I still remenber one day of winter in 1999 , I was reading the magazine . The essay made me so greatly surprised .
The story said :" One day morning , the butcher as usual to did his work .Every morning he must killed a lot of cattles .Because that was his job .He pulled the cattles one by one into the slaughtehouse .But at the last one not willing came to there . He felt very angry , he kicked and hat it unceasing .But the cattle didn't move from beging to end . He felt amazed ,but he must to finished his job , so he wanted to tolk an electric shack . Suddenly ,the cattle kneels down and shed tears . The butcher panic stricken ,the sword drop in the floor from his hand . He didn't belive his eyes . The cattle's cry sound was so sorrowful .He knew what the cattle had anythink .
But one was a person , one was an animal , they coudn't communication .He looked at it's eyes ,and the tears coudn't stop !
At the after day , the butcher remenberd the cattle's number to fund It's record . When he read the file ,he alarmed. Originally ,this cuttle with her baby lift in the wild .One day , they acrossed the road ,the baby cuttle was dead by traffic accident . The baby cattle was blood entire body , the mother cattle licked her baby and cried . In this moment , one person was a journalist on the surround and watch people , he tolk some photos and published in the newspaper . At last ,the mother cattle was send to the Animal's care farm . And all thinks was the story 's start.
At the end ,the butcher realized and became a monk . He wrote a book ,the essay said :"How the person or animal , they have emotion . We live in this world together , if the people want to eat the animal's meat , that will are kill a lot of animals . Do you know , when you or animal confront death ,the felling is very fear ! Every life is not come to easy !
I didn't go through in person , but I know , if someone can read it and stop to eat the meats , I think it can save a lot of animal's life .