Monday, December 11, 2006

My Daughters

I have two daughters. My oldest daughter is called Josephine but we all call her Joey. My youngest daughter is called Jasmine. She is only four months old. Anyway, my oldest daughter is going to be six years old on December 12th and we have planned an early birthday party for her. I had planned to give her a surprise on her birthday. The party was going to be on Saturday. We invited all her friends and relatives to come and the most important people are my teacher and classmates.

Everyday I drive my daughter to school and we talk about many things. She is a very curious girl. Everyday she asks me, "What did you do today?" I always answer her "I went to school and then I took care of your grandfather, because he is sick."

Then she would ask me, "Can I go to visit you at your school and meet your teacher and friends." Another thing she will ask me, "Do you have friends like I do at school? I know all my friends’ names. What about you, Dad?"

We have this conversation almost everyday in the car while driving to and from school. She wanted to visit my school so I drove by the school and showed it to her.

Anyhow, I was very glad that my teacher, with his son, and my classmates showed up at my daughter’s party on Saturday.

My daughter was busy playing with her friends, but after the party was over, she came over to me and asked, "How come all your classmates and teachers are so big and old? All my friends are so small."

Then I had to explain to her, "People grow older everyday and one day you will be like me." I gave her an example. In the future, when you grow older and mature, you will go to college and meet different kinds of people, such as older and big people. I think she kind of understands what I say to her.

There's one thing I forgot to do. I forgot to buy her a present. Therefore, she wanted me to play with her the whole night. I had to pretend to be a horse because she wanted to ride a horse. We played Simon Said and we played Hide and Seek until she got tired. Before she went to bed, she wanted me to promise to spend the whole next day with her and her sister. She wanted me to make breakfast for her and watch cartoons with her. Of course, I promised her and then she went to bed.

I was very tired that night and went straight to bed and waited until tomorrow came.

No comments: