Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My Story

This week, our class talked about interviews. That made me remember this story.


My first job was as a secretary in a metal factory. My boss was from Taiwan. He was very old and he had never gotten married in his life. I still remember the first time he interviewed me.

He asked me this qusetion:"What do you think is most important in your life?"

I didn't know how to answer this question, but I said:"Now, I'm very young. I think my life will be very wonderful!"

He smiled and told me that I was like his old friend.

About three months later, on the last day of my probation period, my boss took me into his office. He asked me, "What did you think about your experience here?"

I said, "The job was easy for me and I thought that I could do a more challenging job even better!"

He asked, "Do you know why I employed you?"

I shook my head, no. He told me a story.


My boss said, "My father was very rich. He had three wives. My mother was the second, so my older brother bullied my mother and me. When I was a little boy, I studied very hard and my grades were very good. After the army, I went to the Universityon a scholarship. Before I graduated from the University, my mother died. That day was like the end of the world for me. The most important person in my life had left me. I felt very sad and I decided to study abroad in the USA.


Around that time, I fell in love with a girl and we decided that when we finished our studies, we would get married. We set the date on her birthday. I would wait for her under the 27th palm tree on the school street.

But on that day, I never saw her. I waited all day and all night. I was in a frenzy to find her, but I had no news of her. In the afternoon of the third day, I found her in the hospital. When I saw her, my tears couldn't stop!

The girl said, "Promise me that you won’t worry. Maybe one day we will meet again in the other place." Then she died.

She had been injured in a traffic accident on the day they had planned to meet.

Every day she went to work at a restaurant. On that day she had finished her work and hurried to meet her fiancé.

He couldn’t continue the story, but he showed me an old black and white picture of his girlfriend and him.

Oh My GOD! I could hardly believe it!


After one year, I left the company and went to HongKong. Sometimes I contacted him by phone call or Email. Occasionally, he visited me on a bussines trip. But, every year, on my birthday, he visited me and gave me a present.


In 2000, my husband came to China to marry me. We invited my old boss to our wedding party. He congratulated us and he promised that, if he had the time, he would join us. But on my wedding day, I have never saw him.

For a long time, I never received his phone call or Email and or any other news from him. One day, I received a phone call from a lawyer. Then, I learned that my old boss had died from heart disease. I was wordless for a long time. The lawyer told me that I was an heir in my boss’s will, but I didn't want to receive it.


I discussed this with my husband. Finally, using my boss's name, the legacy was donated to a benevolent organization and temple. I think that was the best choice for me. This taught me how important he was in my life.


Now, I live in the USA. Sometimes, I remember him and some things from the past. I think that one day, after I retire, I will become a social worker. That is my dream job because I will be able to help other people.


In this world, everyone has a different life and a different story. But the result is always the same. One day we will leave this world. I'm glad to share my story with you and I hope every one can learn to cherish. Cherish everyone. Cherish every chance and cherish every day.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

This week,our class talk about the interviwe,it make me remenber my memeries.
My fist job was a secretary in the metal's factory.My boss had from TaiWan.He was very old and he wasn't get merried in his life.I still remenber the fist time he interviwed with me and asked me a qusetion:"What think was important in you life?"I didn't know how to answer this question,but I said:"Now I'm so young,I thought my life would be so colorful!"He smilled and told me I like his old friend.
About three months,in the probation period last day.The boss told with me in his office,he ask me:"How did you think about your esspression?"I said:"The job was easy to me,and I thought I could to do the other job than better!"He said:"Did you know Why I employ you?"I shaked my head,he told me a story.
He said:"My father was very rich,he had three wifes.My mother was the second,so my older brother bullied my mother and me. When I was a little boy,I stuied very hard and my result was very good in my class untill in the army.When I went to the University,I was at my studentship expense to finished my studies.When I graduated the University,my mother had gone.That day was the end of the world to me,the most important person left me in my life,I felt so sad and I decided to study abroad to USA.
In that time,I fall in love with the girl and we decided when we finished the studies,we would get merried.We appiontedin her birthday,I would wait for her under the 27th palm tree on the school stree.But that day I had never to seen her when I waited all day and all night.I was frenzied to find her,but had not any news.At the third day afternon,I had foud her in the hospital.When I saw her,my tears couldn't stop!The girl said:"promised me,don't worried,maybe one day we will meet again in the other place."She was dead in a traffic accident.Beacuse every day she must went to work at the resturant,so that day she had finished her work and came back so hastily.When he said this moment,he could continued.after then he showed a old picture to me.Oh My GOD! I didn't belived it!
After one year,I left the compeny went to HongKong.Sometimes I contected with he on the phone call or Email,sometimes he visited me on a bussiness trip.But every year in my birthday,he must gave me a present.
In 2000,my husband came to China get merried with me.We invieted him to join our wedding party.He told us,if he has time,he must joined it and congratulations to us.But in my wedding day,I have never seen him and have a long time,I never recived his phone call or Email and the other news.One day,I recived the phone call from the lower and I have known he was dead in heart disease.I was wordless a long time.The lower told me,I'm a heir with one part in the legacy,but I didn't want to recive it.
I discussed with my husband.finally,I used my boss's name,the legacy was donated to the benevolent organization and tempor.I think thhat's a best choose for me.Because when I lost,I have known the person is important in my life.
Now,I live in the USA.Sometimes I remenber him and somethinks.I think if one day,I will retire,I will become a social worker.Because that's my dream job and I can help other people.
In this world,every one has differen life,differen story.But has a result as same,it's one day we will left this world.I'm glad to share my story with you,and I hope every one can learn to cherish.cherish every one,every chance,and every day.