Thursday, December 20, 2007

Getting Help in School ... A ThankYou Letter

Today was a bad day, also, it was a good day. When class finished I wanted to go home but I couldn't open my car door. I tried again but it still wouldn't work. First, I hoped that teacher Richard could help me, so I went back to my classroom. When I talked to him about my problem, he immediately went out with me. He check out my car and said that I had forgotten to turn of the lights of my car so the battery wouldn't work.

Oh, my god! Today it had been raining and I had turned on the lights but I had forgotten to turn them off. So, I got in big trouble. I was worried. My battery needed a jump. It needed help to start. Richard looked at me and said, "Don't worry." He went back to the school's office and asked some teachers if they had jumper cables. They said that Burr Guthrie had some, but we couldn't find him. then one teacher said she had some cables and the school guard, Benjamin Ween went out to her car to look for her cables, but he didn't find them.

When Richard was helping to call my husband, Burr Guthrie came in and heard about my problem. Soon he and the guard, Benjamin Weems, helped me to jump the battery. Immediately my car started. I could go home. thanks, teacher Richard and Burr Guthrie. Thanks, guard Benjamin Weems. Thanks, school. I got help in the school. I am a lucky person!

Student,

Irene Tsai
December 19, 2007

1 comment:

Burr Guthrie said...

Hi Irene,

We are all so lucky to have such a wonderful teacher, Richard Blum to help students all around; learning English, including good writing skills, and helping students with life in a caring way.

I was very happy I could help you. Our School Security Gaurd was happy to help also. His name is Benjamin Weekes, not Ween. Ask your teacher Richard about the difference between weekes and ween.

Happy Holidays! Burr Guthrie