Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Story That Gave Me More Confidence

I have lived here since 2007. There are five members in my family. Since I have moved here, my life has changed from a business woman to a simple student.

Everyday I get up early in the morning, cook breakfast for my family and do some house work before I go to school.
The first month after I came to Oakland, I really really felt bored with my life here. It made me feel like I had lost myself. I thought the United States was not suitable for me to follow my business dream. I really wished to go back to my country.
But one day, fortunately, I found myself. It happened because of a story from my mother.


She had lived in the United States for many years. She had come to America just because she wanted help me to immigrate here. She could not speak even a word of English and did not know the way to go anywhere. I thought it must have been harder and more difficult for her than for me, but she never said a word or wanted to give up her dream of helping me immigrate here.


So I promised myself must not to give up and to forget about going back to Cambodia any more. I made a strong decision that my dream follow would me not me instead of me following my dream. It wouldn’t matter where I was, I would become a business woman again both in my country and here.


I hope you try not to give up your dreams because of having a hard time. Remember the enemy of success is loss of self-confidence. Just try your best to do it!

I believe everything you wish for is not just a dream.


Thanks for reading my story. Please have a good time with your life.
Bye. See you next time.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

The story makes me more confident
I have moved here since 2007. My family there is 5 manbers. since I have move here, my life have already changed from a business woman to a simple student and woman.
Everyday I get up early in the morning, cook breakfast for my family and do some house work before I go to school.
At the first month, I really really bored with my life here, it maked me feel i lost my self, and thought, here was not suit for me to go on my business dream, I really wished to go bake to my country.
But oneday fortunaly, I found my self backed because of a story from my mother.
She have lived here for many year, just because of wanted to immigrat me, she could not speak even a word of English and did not know the way to go anywhere, I thought she must more hard and more difficult then me, but she never said a word or wanted to give up her dream to immigrat me.
So I promised my self must not give up and wanted to go back any more, I have more strong decision will make the dream follow me not me follow my dream, and dont care where I am, I will become a business woman again both in my country and here.
Hope everyone try not to give up your dream because of having a hard time, and remanber the enermy of successful is lost of self-confident, just try your best do it, I believe everything you wish is not only a dream anymore.
Thank for reading my story. Please have a good time with your life.
Bye. see you next time.