Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Bad Memory, When I Was A Child

My family had tried to move to the USA when I was 3 or 4 years old in 1987.

A best friend of my father told us that he knew a ship could bring people to the United States very safely,
so my parents decided to sell the house and every valuable thing to pay for the tickets.
But unfortunately my whole family and the other 8 families were lied to by the shipman and my father’s friend.

We were in the bottom of the ship 7 days and 7 nights. We could not see the sun and did not have food, just had some bread that we bought before we took the ship.


I remember, after not so long, the ship stopped. It was night time and it was raining like cats and dogs.


My father’s friend and the shipman told us that we had come half way. They said, “Please get out of the ship, and wait for a new ship to pick you up and take you to the USA.


We rested in the forest one night.

After a long rainy night, the sun came out and the night was gone. In the early morning we saw the other ship as they had promised. We didn't know that a sad story was coming now. It was not a ship to pick us up and take us on our way. It was a police ship. We were arrested at that time in Malaysia and were sent back to Cambodia.


This is a real story about me.


United State is not only a good dream for me but it also a bad memory that I will not forget all my whole life.


Thanks again for spending time to read my story.


I hope everyone will have a good time in life.
Bye. See you next time.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

My family had try to move to USA when I was 3 or 4 years old in 1987.

A best friends of my father told us that he knew a ship could bring the people to United state with a very safty,
so my parents decided to sell the house and every value thing to pay for the tickets.
But fortunaly my whold family and the onther 8 familys were lied by the shipman and my father freind.We were in the bottom of the ship 7 days and 7 nights, we could not saw the sun and did not have the food, just had some bread that we brought before we took the ship.
I remenber, not so long the ship was stop, at that night it was rain like cat and dog.
My father friend and the shipman told us, we were half of the way, please got out of the ship, and waited for the new ship come to pick us go throught to USA.
We were rest in the forrest one night, after the long raining night, the sun come and the night gone. In the early morning we saw the other ship as the promised, we didn't know that sad story was coming now, it was not a ship to pick us go on the way, but it was a police ship, we were arrested at that time in malaysi island, and was sent back to cambodia.
It is a real story about me.
United state is not the good dream of me but it also a bad memory that I will not forget all my whold life.
Thank again for spending along time to read my story.
I wish everyone will have a good time in your life.
Bye. See your nextime.