Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good Bye Class

Hello everyone. How are you doing? I am writing this story to say good bye. Some of you may wonder why I am not in class anymore. I want to use this story say thank you for the time we spend together and the stories we shared with each other. I have learned a lot from many of you. It has been a great six months being in class with you guys.

I remembered some fellow classmates asked, "How long have you been in the United States and why am I still going to school because you can speak English". Yes, I can speak some broken English and life is a learning process and you can never stop learning. I learn something new everyday and that is what makes life great. Besides learning I have a reason for being in school.

I hope you guys still remembered the story I wrote about, "What is Life". In the story there is a section that I spoke about conspiracy. In the section, I gave an example of the a family sleeping comfortably and in the middle of the night the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) knock down the door and arrested the husband. That person in the story is me.

Some of you may think it is just a story but in reality this is happening to someone you know which is your past classmate. I am being charged with conspiracy because I have been good friend with someone that is being charged with drugs distribution. I am sure you still remembered the story I wrote about my fishing trips. I have no idea whether my friend is innocent or not but I enjoy fishing and met a friend who like fishing as much as I do. And from time to time I gave them fishes to eat. I can never think that can get me in trouble with law.

Because of the situation, I went back to school to distract myself from thinking about what will happen next in my life. If I get convicted for the charges, I will be going to prison for a long time just like the doctor who got sentence for seven years to prison for a crime he has never commit. Yes, I have not been taking life serious because I am a kid at heart and I am a very playful. Some people that know me from that past may think that I am a bad person. Yes, I have made mistakes in the past but I had learn from those mistakes and paid for it already. Now I am just a person who wants to live life to learn to better myself so my family would be proud of me, especially my wife and two daughters. Since I have been charged with conspiracy I felt like I have falling into a dark hole with no light on the other end. It has scared and frightens me so much that I didn't know how to deal with the pain inside. I start to use illegal drugs to numb myself from facing this reality. I am afraid to go to prison. I am afraid to be away from my family. I am afraid that my daughters will think of me a bad person. These are some of the thoughts that go through my head. And I don't know what to think anymore and as I use more drugs I feel very useless like a coward therefore I will be going to drug diversion center to kick the drug habit. That's why I will not be in class anymore.

I once again want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone that has been generous and kind to me during the hardest time of my life.

Richard, I want to acknowledge you by saying thank you for your kindness and not seeing me with color glasses and not judging me. You have inspired me to move forward with my situation. I have learned a lot from you and the respect will always be reciprocated. I will always cherish this part of my life because I got a chance to get to know such a friend like you. Once again thank you very much for being such a kind human being. I hope to see light through the justice system and I can go back to my normal life because I did not commit any crime.

P.S. I promised to write you a story; unfortunately this may be the last one I will write for the class. But I hope we can stay in communication through letters to further develop our friendship. I guess this is it.

Good Bye Everyone!

1 comment:

Papa said...

Hi, David,

I just read Be's story. She is beginning a new chapter in her life and so are you.

Keep laughing, my friend!

When you laugh, the world laughs with you.

I'll keep in touch.

I miss you already, but I'm not worried about you. The qualities that make you a good classmate will serve you always.

Come back soon. I'm sure you will have stories to tell.

Your friend, always,

Richard