Monday, February 19, 2007

My Best Friend Story

Tam and Hung were my best friends when I was a child. We grew up together, and, for years, we played together.


After we graduated from elementary school, Hung went to Australia with his family. For a long time, I didn't receive much information about him .After I graduated from high school, Hung came back to Ho Chi Minh City to visit his grandfather and he looked up his old friends. We had a happy time until Hung left to go back to Australia.


About two years later, Hung came back and informed us that he was going to get married. We were very happy and wished him happiness. On Hung’s wedding day Tam and I participated in his wedding party. At first, we were very happy but when the bride and groom came in I saw that Tam was very sad and angry. I asked him, "Why do you feel sad?"

He said, "Do you know the bride?"

I said "I don't know her."

He said, "The bride was my old girlfriend! Now I know why she left me." and then He went home.


Later Hung didn't see Tam and asked me "Where is our friend, Tam?"

I said, "He left but I don't know why. If you want to know why, ask him tomorrow." and I left, too.


The next day, Hung invited Tam and I to meet him at a coffee shop. When I came to coffee shop I didn't see Tam and asked Hung, "Where is Tam?"

He said, "I didn't know. I thought maybe you would know?"

I thought and said, "Do you want to know everything?" and then I told him what I knew.


The next day Hung asked me to invite Tam to a different coffee shop. He wanted to talk with Tam.

When he saw Tam, Hung said, "I'm sorry about your girlfriend, but now she is my wife. But I didn't know any thing about your relationship with her. Her mother, my mother-in-law, is my mom’s friend. When I first saw my future wife, I thought that she was a cute girl and that should I marry her."


Tam said, "Don't worry about me, I felt bad at first because she was my old girlfriend. Now I am trying to get used to it, but I’m OK".


We all shook hands and said together "We will be good friends forever!"

No comments: