Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spelling Words for Friday, October 24

closet
account
patio
cabinet
alarm
hunting
mirror
storage
bathtub
switch
curtain
refrigerator
cottage
mortgage
equity
fireplace
shelf
counter
attic
layout
electricity
finance
roommate
basement
furnace


Sample sentences:
Closet
I hung my clothes in the closet.

account
I had an account with Washington Mutual Bank.

Patio
My house has a big patio in the back.

cabinet
I bought a cabinet at Home Depot to install in my kitchen.

alarm
When the fire alarm rang, we all left the school.

hunting
I am hunting for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath house to rent for less than $1,000.

mirror
I have a mirror in the bathroom.

storage
My house has storage space in the basement.

bathtub
I take a bath in the bathtub.

Switch
I need to install another light switch in the bathroom.

curtain
I have a white shower curtain.

refrigerator
You shouldn’t keep the refrigerator door open very long if you want a low electricity bill.

cottage
Would you rather live in a large condominium in the city or a small cottage in the country?

mortgage
I pay my mortgage on time every month.

equity
If you have owned your home for a long time, you probably have quite a lot of equity.

fireplace
Put another log in the fireplace.

shelf
I put all my cookbooks on the shelf.

counter
I have a marble counter in the kitchen.

attic
I use my attic for storage.

layout
I didn’t like the layout of that house.

electricity
You can save money on your electricity bill if you dry your clothes outside on the line.

finance
My new house cost $300,000. I made a down payment of $50,000 and I financed the rest.

roommate
I don’t have a roommate.

basement
I keep my bicycle in the basement.

furnace
The landlord promised to repair the furnace next week.

No comments: