Tuesday, April 08, 2008

News from Cris

Hi everyone!

As you know, I'm already in Brazil. A day before I come back, I went to Alcatraz. I loved to know that place. I appreciated to go and see places filled with history. I felt sorry for those who were there stuck, seeing the freedom through the windows. I think that was a torture. It was worse than staying in an ugly place. That place should be a hotel or something like that. It'd rather be an entertaining place than a prison. This is my point of view, of course.

Changing the subject, my trip was tiring but fortunately everything was fine. I arrived on Sunday in the afternoon. So, this is it. Let's keep in touch. Bye, bye. Cris

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

Hi, Cris,

I've been thinking about taking a class field trip to Alcatraz.

Do you think that is a good idea?

I am sure that your family is glad that you are back in Brazil, but we miss you,

Richard

Cristiane said...

Hi teacher,

I think that going to Alcatraz is an excellent Idea. Everybody will like it. The students will be able to practice their listening, because it has the audio tour in the cellhouse instead of the guide. The person will be on his own. If the person doesn’t pay attention to the listening, the person will lose the explanation and will get totally lost in there. If it’s allowed, maybe you can also have a picnic. What do you think? To purchase the tickets for a cheaper price, go to: www.alcatrazcruises.com . It’s possible to buy the tickets for $24.50.

My family is happy that I came back. My nephew asks to see me in all breaks he has (he studies). On the other hand, my brother is very sad, he says the house is empty and he misses the moments we had together watching “American idol”, I’m mean, mainly Simons’s comments. I miss all of you too. I’m lucky, since in a short period of classes I could know very nice people. So, let’s keep in touch. Bye, bye. Cris