Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hi teacher! Hi class! How are you?
I'm almost fine...Actually this is not a good moment for me. I didn't pass the exam to become a librarian, I'm looking for a job, but I'm finding only non-payed jobs (that is not a good deal) and even my heart is hurting...But the worst thing is that Berlusconi won the Italian elections and he's our Prime Minister now. I have to run away and to come back to the United States!
I miss you a lot. I saw the blog, it's always beautiful. You are doing a great job! I saw that Samba is trying to send me the chapter of the book that you are reading, but I couldn't get it. I don't know why...
Last Saturday afternoon I went to an English class about how to read in English. It was great to ear a person speaking in English. It made me happy. So if you want to make me happy could you talk with me some of these days? I'm trying to call you this evening (Tuesday morning for you). And if I don't succeed I'll try again and again...I'll succeed at last (just like our song teaches us)!
When are you coming to Italy? I'm waiting for you!
Kisses
Alice

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

Hi, Alice,

Sorry about the exam, but sometimes bad news has a silver lining.

I think that you are too full of energy to be a librarian. In fact, to be blunt, you are too noisy.

Or to put it another way, you are perfect and libraries are too stodgy.

If you had become a librarian you might have lost your bubbly personality.

Of course, maybe, you could have changed the culture of libraries and made them fun places to visit.

About Berlusoni, I am also sad. Tonight we'll see if Obama will run for President here. (Samba doesn't think we will learn so quickly, but he can't even send a chapter of a book successfully)

So lets forget about everything.

I'll meet you in Thailand this July.

Later ...

Shan Chang said...

Hi,Alice:

I saw your letter yesterday. I was sad and very sorry about that.

A few days ago, I told you that I wanted to be city librarian here. but right now I am not confident.

Since I known you might come back to U.S, I have been excited. So, come soon. I am waiting for you!