Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Community Words for the Friday, November 21st Quiz

Gas station

I go to the gas station once a week.

Network

The library offers a lot of information on the computer network.

Health club

You can exercise at a health club.

Beauty salon

I go to the beauty salon once a month to get my hair done.

Hospital

If you are suddenly sick you may have to go to the hospital emergency room.

School

I take my daughter to school every day.

Church

I go to church every Sunday.

Fire station

If you don’t like noise, don’t buy a house near a fire station.

Warehouse

They stored the boxes in the warehouse.

Library

I go to the library once a week and I usually check out at least two books.

Park

My children had fun playing in the park last week.

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)

I took the driving test at the DMV on 51st Street in Oakland.

Police station

My brother called the police station when he found two burglars in his house.

Phone booth

I was standing at the phone booth when the accident happened.

Community

I live in a safe community.

Store

I live next to the Oakland Liquor Store.

Restaurant

If you are hungry and you don’t have time to cook you can go to a restaurant.

Museum

There are many types of museums, for example, historical museums, art museums, natural history museums and technology museums.

Hotel

If you drive far away from your home you might stay in a hotel.

Parking garage

Do you know where the nearest parking garage is?

Resources

A community college has many resources for students.

Stadium

We can watch baseball games at a stadium.

Coffee shop

Do you know a good coffee shop around here?

Bank

You can open a savings account at the bank.

Movie theater

I am going to take my daughter to the movie theater in the Bayfair Shopping Center in San Leandro.

No comments: