Sunday, May 20, 2007

THE PRICELESS


The mother was repairing dinner in the kitchen, suddenly little boy ran in and gave her a piece of paper. After she wiped up her hand on apron, his mom opened and read:

- For cutting the grass: 5$

- Clean up my bedroom: 1$

- For go to the market with mom: 50 cent

- For babysitting my young brother: 25 cent

- For take out garbage: 1$

- Good final test: 5$

- For sweep the yard: 2$

Total you owe me: 14.75 $

After she read, looked at her son who waiting for the answer. She took a pen, turns the paper over and wrote:

- Nine months ten days I carried you in my belly: free

- Beside and took care when you felt sick: free

- The tears you made my cry years ago: free

- Sleepless to worried for your future: free

- All the toys, food, clothes you had: free

- And the most expensive, that’s my love for you: too free

After he read this page, he feel moved and said: “I love you very much”. And then he wrote the sentence with big letter: “YOU WILL BE PAY FULL

Source: www.tuoitre.com.vn if you don't read Vietnamese, scrool to the bottom half of the page - Translate from: "Condensed Chicken Soup for the Soul"

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Your version, edited:

A mother was preparing dinner in the kitchen, suddenly her little boy ran in and gave her a piece of paper. After she dried up her hands on her apron, the boy’s mom opened and read the note:
- For cutting the grass: $5
- Clean up my bedroom: $1
- For going to the market with mom: 50 cents
- For babysitting my young brother: 25 cents
- For taking out the garbage: $1
- Good final test: $5
- For raking the yard: $2
Total you owe me: $14.75
After she read it, she looked at her son who was waiting for the answer. She took a pen, turned the paper over and wrote:
- Nine months ten days, I carried you in my belly: free
- I sat by your bedside and took care of you when you felt sick: free
- The tears you made my cry years ago: free
- The sleepless nights I worried about your future: free
- All the toys, food, clothes you had: free
- And the most expensive, that’s my love for you: also free
After he read this page, the boy felt moved and said: “I love you very much”. And then he wrote the sentence with big letters: “Paid in FULL”