Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mashed In The Moshpit!

Hi teacher!
I’m goin to tell you about my first time in a club in San Jose.
As I told you I like dancing ska music and I really miss to go dance, because in my country I used to go to some clubs every weekends.
Some week ago, my American sister asked me if I’d like to go with her and her Mexican boyfriend to a Panteon Rococo concert, a Mexican band from Mexico City that plays ska music. I was very excited and I couldn’t wait to go.
When we arrived in San Jose, after a one hour drive, we had to wait in line outside the club because it was very full of people. So when finally we came in the concert had already begun. The waiting wasn’t so bad, even if it was cold, because I could talk a lot (in both English and Spanish) with my sister’s boyfriend and I enjoyed it since it was the first time that I met him. You know when you have a new boyfriend you always need the approval of your sister…
We tried to go in the middle of the moshpit, but it was very hard and I was really scared because people were very violent. Actually it was the most violent moshpit that I had ever seen in my life! I felt bad, everybody push and pull me form a side to another of the dance floor and nobody cared if I am a woman. So I left the dance floor to enjoy the concert from a safer corner, while my sister and her boyfriend stayed into the moshpit.
I spent the rest of the evening on the side of the room waiting for my friends that came only when the concert was ended. In the meanwhile, many Mexican guys tried to talk with me and it was hard because my Spanish is not fluent and often I couldn’t understand them, even because they were a little drunk and they couldn’t speak very clearly.
After the concert they played salsa music and I tried to dance it with a friend of us, but it’s really difficult for me, so I decided to have a drink, called Adios and to wait for the end of the night.
I was a little sad because all my expectations were disappointed: I couldn’t dance, I didn’t enjoy too much the concert and I didn’t even meet some handsome guy whom dance with. Furthermore I have always thought that I was a "strong ska girl", but this experience taught me that there are many "ska girls" more "ska" than me!

No comments: